Add me on PSN!


Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Vampire Diaries S02E08

SPOILER ALERT!!!

This will be my first review of the series even though I've been watching it since the Pilot episode last year. Okay, well, maybe this isn't really a review but more of what I think is going to happen. Mainly, I just want to blog about The Vampire Diaries for the first time so give me a break. And I think, from now on, I will blog weekly about the aired episode and give my thoughts about it. One more thing, before I begin, I want to point out that if you don’t watch the series, please skip this blog and move on to other posts. Thank you.

The 8th episode of Season 2, titled “Rose,” aired last Thursday night November 4, 2010. Rose is a new vampire character who’s been running away from “The Originals,” along with his friend Trevor, who is, also, you guessed it, a vampire, for more than 500 years. They were the ones who kidnapped Elena from the masquerade ball the night before. Of course, the Salvatore brothers knew soon enough of Elena’s whereabouts with a little help from Bonnie, they immediately hopped on a car and drove to save the damsel in distress.

Although there is still a lot of stuff I didn’t mention, I don’t want to completely fill this blog with the summary of the episode. I am, however, really interested on what will happen between Caroline and Tyler’s relationship. The connection between them is getting stronger but I still don’t know if that will be positive or negative. Now that Tyler knows Caroline is a vampire, he still doesn’t know, nevertheless, that a werewolf’s bite can kill her, instead he knows, as of the moment, that the only one he can trust and lean to is Caroline herself. But Caroline knows this and although I think she is trying to help him, she can also turn this around. We all know since the very beginning she became a vampire, she doesn’t want any werewolves lurking around Mystic Falls. But if their relationship turns out to be romantic, they’re both going to have a hard time about it.

On to Jeremy and Bonnie’s relationship, there is definitely something going on between the two, if not, there will be something soon. What’s better than dating you sister’s witch best friend? Maybe that’s what Jeremy’s thinking. Although I think they’re a match made in heaven, I don’t think they’re going to last. No specific reason whatsoever, I just think they won’t.

Now, on to the last and most crucial relationship I want to tackle: Damon and Elena’s. This latest episode, there are a few but excruciatingly painful scenes among the two. The first one was when Damon thought Elena was going to run to him, hug him and such but he thought wrong when Stefan came to the picture and Elena hugged him instead. You can absolutely see the reaction of Damon and know that his heart was ripped into pieces. Trying not to let Elena see that, he just smiled and mouthed “You’re welcome” to her after she said thank you. It was devastating. The second scene was at the ending and I can’t even begin on how to explain the emotions I felt during the time I was watching it. I have to admit that I did cry after watching that scene for the first time. And I cried again after the second time and also the third time. It was crazy and agonizing. Damon finally confessed to Elena that he loves him, but that’s not the sad part, he also compelled her to forget everything he just said.



Tweet This

No comments:

Post a Comment