Add me on PSN!


Saturday, February 12, 2011

First Junior Masterchef Australia!



When I saw the plugs of Junior Masterchef Australia Season 1 on Star World, I was so amazed that 8-13-year-old kids could cook such spectacular dishes. Since I don't live in Australia, it was kind of late for me to know that they had this show. So I want online and watched every episode and wow. I was blown away. I quite envied them 'cause at my age, I can't even do half of what they were cooking. But I was so, so impressed.

Check out after the jump the top 12 and winner!


The show started when 5,500 applicants were cut down to the top 50. And from then on, they had to choose the top 20. It's kind of hard to explain how the competition works so I'll just say this in the simplest terms. They have to present a dish, whether it'd be a main course or a desert, within a time limit, usually 1-1 1/2 hours, and they have to present it to the 3 judges, who are all well-renowned chefs in the counrty: Gary Mehigan, Anna Gare, George Calombaris, and by the last episodes they added the great food critic Matt Preston. I don't remember all the kids that got into the top 20 so let's just start on the top 12 where the competition really began.

The TOP 12: (arranged from the time they got eliminated.)

12. Anthony
 
 11. Emily

10. Alex

9. Sam

8. Pierre
 
7. Cassidy
 
6. Nick
 
5. Lucy

4. Siena
 
 3. Sofia
 
 2. Jack
 
 
1. Isabella (WINNER!) (twin sister of Sofia) - Ever since the beginning, the top 50, I saw her potential and passion to become the first ever junior masterchef. And what do you know? She did! She was my favorite up until the end! Congrats Isabella! I hope to eat in IsSofia one day! :)
Tweet This

4 comments:

  1. many of my child friends and fans love Pierre and they have requested me to create a blog that contains some of there message. if you like you can read it at http://paidcritique.blogspot.com/2011/06/junior-masterchef-2010-pierre-khoury.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read http://paidcritique.blogspot.com/2011/07/junior-masterchef-2010-isabella-bliss.html -a blog that is contributed to the grand champion of Junior MasterChef, Isabella Bliss. Congrats and Take care.

    Read the tips and suggestions about cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conoscan la cocina peruana of (PerĂº) es muy rica, very good food

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Alex, Nick and Sienna are SOOO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete