Add me on PSN!


Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A Face is a Canvas


I haven't worn make up, not until I was 16 or 17 years old and back then, I had no idea how. The very first make up I wore was probably eyeliner on my waterline since the "emo" trend started during that time.

Then I learned of Michelle Phan, a make up guru on Youtube. She wasn't very famous back then, she was just this typical asian-american girl who was filming from her bathroom how to put on her own  makeup. I learned a lot from her.

I'm just a bit surprised that there are also a lot of people who seem to hate her. And from my perspective, her haters are just digging out her flaws and making a big deal out of it. And may I call her haters "obsessed haters?" They criticize everything Michelle does. It's kind of funny, actually. I mean, if you hate someone so much, why would you bother wasting your time with that person? Watching her videos and pointing out grammar mistakes, spelling, and other stuff like that. Also, pointing out that Michelle supports companies that test their products on animals like Lancome. Michelle cannot do anything about that. Lancome chose her as their spokesperson and who in the right mind would want to turn that down?

A lot of companies test their products on animals. I'm not saying I'm anti-animal but I think it's better to test those products out first than putting them out in the market not being tested at all.

Okay, I lost direction with this blog. I didn't mean to talk about Michelle, it just sort of got in the way. lol

Anyway, about make up, now I can say that I'm good with it. Not great, but good. I actually can't go out without wearing make up. I don't wear make up to make me look pretty, I wear it because I can use my artistry with it. Make up is the only thing that I'm good at when it comes to art. Like any artist, make up is a good way to express yourself, to bring out your creativity. Treat your face like a canvas and experiment. Looking good is just the bonus side to it.
Tweet This

No comments:

Post a Comment